Monday, March 4, 2013

Rebel

According to Merriam-Webster, a rebel is "opposing or taking arms against a government or ruler".
This word bothers me when it's used for my Hasidic babies. Willy, BP, CH are not states, they don't have an official government.
I saw these areas like ghettos, open ghettos. I mean by 'open': i am allowed to walk in there, to go to the stores if i am modest and to talk business if i buy something.
I always find a pretext to ask a question and start a conversation. I love supermarkets for that.
I don't really see how they are rebels. Or let's change the definition by: "opposing or taking arms against a rabbi".
Since when the rabbi decides who is not following the rules? I heard about rabbinical tribunal and i was not sure to understand which rights they have to make so much pain to people, especially children.
Because you have secular friends, because you hang out sometimes… because what? Because you ask for fresh air…? You are considered 'rebel' by this rabbinical tribunal?
I was rebel at school and with my mom. I was often punished at school, and my mom survived to my rebellion. I didn't want to follow the social rules of my 'world'/H world: marriage, kids, tralala…/wash your hands, pray, eat, work, pray, work, pray, learn…
The government didn't reject me. Some friends don't understand the life i chose to not follow the norm. I love my freedom and independence as much as my Hasidic babies.
The description of the Satmar, Bobov, Pupu rules look like cult practices than sect practices?
They are the rebels, with no integrity to the US government and they take the right to change the life of the 'rebels' dramatically.
I will never consider my Hasidic babies as rebels.

No comments:

Post a Comment