Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pre Pessah dinner and demo

Yesterday i have been to a Lubavitch shul for a demo/dinner. I was wearing modest clothes. 
The ambiance was nice but i didn't feel Jewish or half Jewish. Why? I didn't see my roots there as i saw them on all these majestic hirsute faces in Williamsburg. 
The rabbi is a nice person and his wife is very welcome but i had an issue with my complexity Jewishness/Atheism.
I never prayed, or beg on my knees. To see people in a sort of prayers trance, lying on the ground or on their knees in churches, always freaked me out. Maybe something is missing me.
Yesterday, i feel the Jewishness as a family, sharing a meal with my European friends. 
And i was looking around to be inspired religiously but i found nothing except books.
I was not very social. I was in an avoided questions mood about my life, research…
The rabbi told me that the room where we had dinner was for services during the winter. Above, a large room is for summer services during.
I made a wish when i came in as we do in my country when it's the first time you go in a place, you eat something for the first time in the year… anyway for any first time.
There was a chef who explained how to cook a Pessah meal. All the courses were vegetarian and my French palate was pleased. I am very picky and careful with food. I enjoyed the white wine.





No comments:

Post a Comment