Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Torah Completion Ceremony and other adventures

Sunny Sunday in Crown Heights…
I am a French auntie of a Hasidic circumcised baby for the first time. L'chaim!
The Hasidic Beatles + 1, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
In love with a pole, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Jewish Children's Museum where the party will end,
september 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Having fun with balloons, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein

Program of the day: Torah Completion Ceremony in honor of a little rascal and dedicated to all the children in need.
It started in the house of the parents of the rascal. I didn't dare to come in their house, because i didn't know if i could do it.
There were many families outside, and i saw a few people going into the house.
The Torah party is on, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Shopping or party?, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Colors match but i don't get the slippers in the streets, CH fashion style,
 september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
VERY cute, if you know him, send me his contact info, he will not sleep in the bathroom,
september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Cute rascal with trotinette, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
I was wearing a necklace with a tiny Magen David, apparently shinny enough to avoid the question: "Are you Jewish?".
Second step: "Are you religious?".
How i love this question.
I replied: "I am a Baal Teshuva". Ben ouais* ! (*Well, yeah!)
I am a BT, and proud of it!
And once i get drenched (or if i found Jewish papers from my mother's lineage) in the mikveh, i will reply: "I am a BTRR."
But what is RR? Ah ah.
If you find it, you will win a special Jewish gift handmade.
If not, you can send me a Jewish poem or a blessing, and i will let you know it secretly. :-)
Deal?
Hasidic girls lol-ing, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
My little finger told me…, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Up, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Rascals bros and sis, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Payos rascal, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein 

Lil bro with amazing red hair, wearing red sandals of his lil sis,
september 2014, ©emmarubinstein

It was a Jewish block party: joy with holy music and tralala.
A singer was playing guitar, some parents were dancing.

Let's sing: 
"Shalom, shalom,
Shalom, how do you do?
Shalom, shalom,
Shalom, how are you?
Baruch Hashem…" 
september 2014, ©emmarubinstein

I could not stay until the end unfortunately, i had to meet up my Jewish Russian mother.

On my way back, i stopped by my shul, 770.
I didn't go inside, my cleavage was too deep, and i had nothing to hide it.
The Hasidic Female Beatles, more rebel, Girl Power,
september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Waiting for the newly-weds, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Waiting for the newly-weds, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
According to a Hasidic who commented this photo on Instagram:
Rabbi Kalmanson of New Haven, CT (possibly his twin brother of Paris, France).
One of the foremost thinkers of Chassidic and Kabbalistic thoughts
in our generation, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Waiting for the newly-weds, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein

Outside, there was a crowd where takes place the weddings.
I have been there, waiting for seeing newly-weds.

A woman came to me, Jewish Canadian. We mixed the languages. That was a great connection.
She is from Montréal. (If you want to impress me, and make me melt, keep your accent, and pronounce it 'Monréal', forget the 't'). :-)
She lives in NY since many years. She has been raised in a Lubavitch area. She is not religious. She spoke to me in Hebrew! In one year, maybe i will be able to understand her, but so far, i can try to recite the alphabet! She showed me photos of her grand-son, daughter… Her ancestors were from Poland. She was there for the wedding of a friend. We saw the friend. She was not a young bride. Probably a second marriage. The groom was older than her. I dreamed that they were holding their hands. I actually dreamed. :-)

After my rendez-vous with my Russian mother, i came back around 770.
I bumped into G. who gave me a flyer for Rosh Hashanah with the sexy rabbi that he introduced to me once at my ex work place.
He is very sexy indeed, but very married. I don't need a evening which will be a pain in the tushes, slobbering like a miserable lady. :-)
G. was mad at me: "Where do you go dressed up like that?"
- "At 770."
He thought that the Lubaba brainwashed me. I am fine. I don't want to belong to any sects. I am an anthropologist of the sects, trying to find where i feel my Jewishness at the best and highest level.
I am in love with 770, but not for the Lubaba, i can't explain.
I feel in peace there.
I enjoy seeing these men studying, davening…
I tried to avoid the ladies who asked for money all the time.
Tonight, i saw one lady who stole it in the House of Hashem. She tried to hide the pushka, but she knows that i saw her.
Shame on her!
I didn't want to talk to her but she insisted so much. To make her give up, i asked her for repeating many times, like if i don't understand English. It worked out finally!
Strawberry Kosher parfait, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Eastern Parkway, september 2014, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment