Tuesday, September 23, 2014

French Sephardi woman

I didn't want to spend too much time at 770 that day, last week, but i bumped into the Sephardi woman. I didn't recognize her. I think she changed her sheitel.
But she recognized me, and talked to me in French. Oups!

A Lubaba helped his brother to put the tefillin in the subway,
that was beautiful and magic! September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
She insisted once again a lot with my researches of my Jewish roots of my mother.
When i told her that my mom cooked latke recently, (we call them crique in French. She said: "She is Jewish."
She wanted me to buy a prayer book for my mother when i told her that she was not religious.
I am stubborn, but my mother is headstrong, i gave up some battles with her.
You can talk about Jewish things and Jewish men with my mom, but it's out of question to make her religious.
A little nap before the meshuganess of the High Holy Days,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein

She had a bad experience with the Catholic church during the war. She hates priests and nuns.
She doesn't understand that, if there is a G-d, why this world is so in pain.
I could recommend her the book of my favorite rabbi, but she doesn't speak English.
I will lose this battle once again. :-)
After a certain age, there is no need to waste my time to convince her.
Let's cook Jewish, listen to Jewish music, and looking at hairy men…

Buddies on the hectic Eastern Parkway, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
This Sephardi woman is married to a Baal Teshuva. She likes the Viztnitz more than the Satmar. She lives in Montsey. She recommended me a book Suite Française. I saw that a movie has been made by Americans last year. I will read the book first.

The Satmarers that she knows don't want to listen to Matisyahu. They want to listen to traditional Yiddish music.
She has been for a Shabbos in a Satmar family in Willy. They asked her to wear a frisette with her sheitel. :-)

VIP, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
I think that she is a BT too.

She gave me the name of his brother, rabbi, who lives in Israel. He is Orthodox but not Hasidic.
And the phone number of a matchmaker.
I think that my suitcase is full for my next future: rabbis, rebbetzin, matchmaker… Who else who wants to be on my list? :-)
My heart is big, there will be room for everyone who is nice before and after Yom Kippur. :-)

If you have seen the face of this woman when she talked about her love of Shabbos. That was awesome!

She introduced me to her daughter. Her French is not as good as her mother.
I think that it's a first time that i don't feel this sort of snag when you say that you are not 100% Jewish.
The way that some Jews spit on the Goyte hurts me a lot.
We always need a Goyte, or someone different from us.
A Shabbos boy for example.
I don't know how i will confirm my Jewishness soon, but i will make a promise to myself and according to the 9th Commandment and the mitzvot, to not spit on Goyte and on secular Jews. Ex Goyte who spit on Goyte are the most detestable persons.
Never deny where you come from, and who you were before becoming Jewish or BT!
For your remembrance:

Treatment of Gentiles

  1. To love the stranger..
  2. Not to wrong the stranger in speech.
  3. Not to wrong the stranger in buying or selling.
  4. Not to intermarry with gentiles.
  5. To exact the debt of an alien.
  6. To lend to an alien at interest.

Her daughter is in her twenties. She explained me that Jewish or not, Jewish neshama or not, we all have a mission on this earth. She said that i will find my mission in the Commandments.
She gave me a card with the seven commandments of Noah. I will find my mission on that card. :-)

I liked her maturity to see me first like a human being, who likes Orthodoxy, and my Jewish roots.
She has understood that i come to the shul not to laugh at people.
I admit, not to her, that some situation give me the giggles sometimes, but that's the same for you when you see meshuga gentiles situations.
She also said something very interesting: you can feel Jewish, but to be Jewish is more than a feeling. That's to follow the commandments, and to understand them.
When you read them, i understand that they are the basis of how to have a decent behavior and how to act properly with the other human beings.
That's funny that there are laws or commandments when you think that it should be obvious for anyone.
But when you look at this world, there are people who don't understand the price of a human life, for example.

Have you noticed that, each time, you leave a place, you meet the best persons? That always happened to me. And with some of them who crossed my road, i am still in touch with. Crazy world! We know who drives this world. :-)
He wants me to leave NY with a good image. :-)
The French Sephardi would have been a perfect 'coach' for me. I am totally lost with the prayers to say.
At 770, there are in Hebrew, but i could follow them if i know which page of book i have to read.
That will be one of the next steps on my path in Paris and Israel.
Women and some men see that i take photos. I try to be discreet and natural when i move my phone, but they are not stupid. :-)

For this Shemittah year, be nice with the Gentiles, and nicer with the ones who like your religion and culture. :-)
'Master and servant', in reference to a song by Depepche Mode,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment