Monday, September 15, 2014

Crown Heights immersion

Final straight before jumping above the Atlantic Ocean.

My brain is growing, and my skull is too small = headaches.

Last Friday, i was at the 770 for the Shabbos service: my headache conjured away, devotedly.
I arrived between the two sirens of Shabbos. I thought that the sound of the siren came from 770. But not!
I took photos during the service. I was a bad Jew to do that. But i enjoy these last moments there, and i want to keep some souvenirs. Nobody saw me. :-)
The shul was packed. The ladies section was mainly full with little girls and teenagers.
A few ladies were there. They were all dressed up. They looked at me with my cleavage and sandals.
I didn't think tzniut when i heard the sound of the first siren. I ran out of the apartment.
If i feel a weird glance, i smile like an idiot. :-)
Let me enjoy the devotion, ladies!
I saw some men who were there to converse with their friends, not really there for davening. :-)
Everyone is relaxed for Shabbos!

The death of the Challah before Shabbos, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Running for Shabbos, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Tushes, bike for Shabbos, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Shabbos service, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
A visitor from Spain, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
The crowded 770 for Shabbos, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Outside 770, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Outside 770, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
On his way to a Shabbos meal, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein

As you know, i enjoy this shul, but each time, there is a new lady, speaking French, who is stuck to me.
They follow me, inside and outside.

Last week, i was meeting my Hasidic nephew for the first time.
A Sephardi French lady started to talk to me. She was gentle, but she couldn't stop talking despite i told her that my friend was there. She gave me the name of a rabbi who works at the Consistory in Paris.
He could help me to find my Jewish roots from my mother lineage.
And, she asked me for money. Honestly, these ladies pisses me off now. Leave me alone with your pushka, please!

I too saw the same lady of the blessing of the other day. She ran after me to give me the book of prayers.
I was outside with the Sephardi French lady, the book of prayer in hands, and my Hasidic nephew.
If i could, i would jump with him in his stroller, and sleep, arms up, not to see this world.
The lady left me alone finally. But she was persistent with the money, and i asked her for giving me the address of the website of the book, and i will have a look.
In France, ask for money all the time is very rude!

We barely talked. The mother of my nephew had to go to a doctor appointment. The nephew had a bris the Sunday before. She has to check if his zizi is fine. :-)
We met up yesterday because there was a Kosher block party on Kingston Avenue. I wanted to go, and she wanted to say hi, and that i take photos. She recognized people on the photos that i took all the time. She is discreet, thus she doesn't tell me who they are. She laughs when there are some guys sleeping at the shul.
Nothing serious, everybody can see them sleeping.
This Kosher block party was crowded with rascals and their stroller. I spent a long time there, and around.

I have been twice to the shul that day.
The second time was for the afternoon prayer and the rabbi was there for the 'dance' of the Sunday charity.
My mind was tired, and i saw a man who was holding a baby. I thought that it might be a bris. I am going to faint, but i could not move. On the table of the rabbi, the men were taking and putting money.
I asked a lady finally about what was going on downstairs. She explained to me.

Before leaving, i have been to Chocolatte. There was a red haired young man, and i took his photo frontally. I blushed when he saw me. But we smiled at each other. He was Hasidic and was with a friend, Jewish but not Hasidic apparently. I explained that i like red hair and he had amazing colors. His hair was ginger, and his beard red. His eyelashes are ginger too, and his has blue eyes. 100% organic red hair!
I talked a little with his friend. He is from South America, and lives in Crown Heights. He is not shomer, he shook my hands twice. The red haired man came to me before leaving. He was worried about the photo. I wanted to show it to him. He said that it was fine if i don't show it online.
Thus, you will never see his face. I respect his privacy. I too have been punished by Him, above my head: the photo is blur. That's for my personal collection of red hair. :-)

I will post videos later, only photos for now. Be nice, Hashem is watching you if you are doing a good introspection. :-)
Kosher Block Party, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Are you looking for a sukka? This is your man,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Balloon and Barbapapa* (*beardofdaddy),
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Chabad street art by kids, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Rascals, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Such a beard, yummy!, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Mom and son. Very touching how close they were to each other,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
"Tzedaka", September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Rascals, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
A visitor from Willy or Boro Park,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Oh!, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Trying to hide his black hat, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
A red haired visitor, very cute peyos,
September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
The rabbi and charity, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
A flag in 770, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein
What is it written on the flag? Thanks for your reply! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment