Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Schtreimel and peyos hangover

I celebrated the last day of Pesach yesterday in a house in Boro Park. Very nice place, hosts and first time that i put one foot in a Hasidic house. Yippee!
A frame with a glossy photo of a Hasidic family on a black canvas caught my attention. I wanted to take photos of the interior design, the wall paper and the flowers but i didn't dare. And i was also fascinated by all these people from the same background with different beliefs.
I felt very well and i had funny conversations about Dog, love and sex with some of them. I felt shiksa, atheist and Jewish. Some tried to convince me to believe in Dog. They would like to show me how to pray and how to feel Dog. Such an adventure!
That's very interesting the analysis of the responsibility of our own life: Dog, Dog/ourselves or only ourselves?
I told them that Dog has enough work to do to take care of them personally. 'Oh no' they said. :-)
Is Dog an excuse of all the choices we made, make, will make? For the deep believers, Dog chooses for them.
Serious conversations with a good-natured side.
I braided one peyos and one beard. I touched the peyos many times, made many wishes for all the first times i did something during the night.
I was in a sort of transposition of all these emails i exchanged but meeting them in person straight away.
I was drunk and tried to follow three conversations in the same time. Usually when i am drunk, my English is better because i actually focus on what people say to me to hide my drunkenness. Too comfortable with Shakespeare language
I tried to remain dignified but yesterday wearing a schtreimel and a black coat with a H baby curling my hair, i was done. :-)
I loved the schtreimel, to touch it when he is on my head.
A famous French fashion designer made a collection inspired by the Hasidic fashion. Have a look!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrgRjNEXcQ

I really enjoyed the gathering without phones to check all the times. It reminded me old times without cellphones where you are not disturbed by the sound of emails, phone calls, text messages.
I also forgot what time it was, and other things people told me. I need a briefing… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment