Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back to my new family

Very long trip from Paris with Le comte de Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas as companion in the airport.
And to see a Hasidic family in Amsterdam taking the same flight to NY than me projected me in brooklyn definitively.
The husband didn't have peyos but 5 kids. Her wife had a wig. So maybe there were my CH neighbors.
One of my friends who seemed Jewish since i know her from high school told me that she got converted. She has the same background than me. She practices her religion: she eats Kosher and she doesn't break her Shabbos.
Unfortunately i didn't have time to talk more with her but she will come in NY during the summer.
My other friends who were very skeptical last time i was in Paris about my meetings with H babies, have been educated by my Facebook posts and, wanted to hear crispy stories with the bearded babies. They were all Jewish except a friend and me.
I couldn't give them all the details of an entire year. I didn't want to talk in broader terms because each H baby i met has a different story and approach with their feelings and emotions.
I broke the cliché of the hole in the sheet.
I have two shegetz who will come in NY this summer too and, it could be a good idea to hang out with them and a H baby. It could be funny!
To touch peyos is like to touch the pompom of a sailor, it brings good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment