Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paris, Paris, Paris…

So, what's new in Paris?
Nice weather and i can see smiles on the Parisian faces. The winter was absolutely without light during long months and, all my friends were depressed.
I came with the sun and a warmer weather.
I was there for my Visa, i got it and i am trying to enjoy the city of love.
How is a real Parisian: grumpy, insulting easily, complaining but enjoying the terraces when the sun is back.

Yesterday, my only 'day off' without business or medical appointments, i decided to have a stroll in Le Marais, the old area of my Jewish friends.
I can't explain how it was so good for my soul to see a man in black.
This area is a mix of bobos (bourgeois bohemian = hipsters), Hasidic, Jewish… A sort of Willy but it's not divided in 2 zones like in Willy.
The buildings are very old and the apartments could have exposed beams which make them very charming. The prices are oh la la.
I started my walk by the oldest food store Izrael. It was closed and i could not see if Izrael is still working here or not. I always knew him with his white beard and moustache.
He has products from all over the world. You can spend the all day to have a look in his store. He has so many things.
Not far away there is the Memorial de la Shoah. You have the exhibition of the Jews in history and temporary exhibition sometimes.
I have been to the crypt where there is a flame for all the victims killed by the SS.
A wall of names is outside with all the names of the victims.
I saw the name of my family, i have to check if these people can belong to mine.

Afterwards, i walk in the direction of the oldest synagogue Agoudas Hakehilos erected by Hector Guimart in 1913.
If you don't know this architect, check him out, his works are amazing.

I was hungry and besides this synagogue, there is a famous Kosher restaurant, PItzman, where the TV is always connected to the camera of the Western Wall.

Then, i walked in the rue des Rosiers, famous for all the Jewish food stores, and a terrorist attack in the 70s or 80s. Some don't exist anymore unfortunately. The last one i loved so much was the deli of the Goldenberg family.

Here some photos…
Last one is the City Hall (Mairie de Paris).

































































No comments:

Post a Comment