Monday, April 1, 2013

How could you recognize a Hasidic baby?

Easy, easy, yes or not?
First: the dress code indeed. I don't need to detail.
But i am talking about the H baby who hides his peyos.
He can't hide his beard and moustache*, except shaving them but oh la la, it's a big sin to do that!
But with the hipsters living in the North of Willy, everyone is Hasidic-ly guilty.
There was a video which buzzed on Internet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idmi_yuMyA
I played the game, i won. The hipster beard is trimmed on the cheeks, not the Hasidic one: a hairy mess that even a brush couldn't untangle it. I tried to do it with my fingers, it was a waste of time!

Have you noticed that most of them wear glasses? The hipster can wear too but it's a different style.
They don't have an issue of eyesight like my H babies. It's just a style.
They don't wear contact lens. It's not forbidden by the Book but because Moses passed away before the invention of contact lens. :-) But Dog is everywhere, why did he never update the status of the Book?
Is Dog on Facebook, Twitter…?
I am suspicious if Moses knew the cheeseburger which is a reference of a non Kosher food here. When I read that in The Torah For Dummies, i laughed a lot!
Maybe it's one of the first thing a 'rebel' does before eating a shiksa.
Why many of them wear glasses? Are their eyes always in the Book? Or simply genetic?

When i watch all their faces, there are lots of similarities, they look like brothers and sisters.
One similarity is their noses: aquiline nose…
When i was a kid, people who asked me if i was Jewish looked at my nose weirdly.
Getting old, my nose is more and more Jewish and i am proud of it. :-)

Circumcision: the SS used this argument during the WWII. It was a deep humiliation to make them take off their undies to check that.
I heard that Americans are circumcised, but which Americans? I didn't check all of them, it's a waste of time. :-)

Hasidic or hipster, ask me, i will let you know. It's not only physical but the way they react sometimes.
You always can see a sort of fear in their eyes.
I love to look at them when there is another Hasidic in the same bar than us.
Once, i was with one of them in Prospect park, talking quietly during a summer afternoon.
Suddenly, he got up and ran away. There was a Hasidic couple coming to us without paying attention to us. He called me later to apologize. He thought that i was really upset: absolutely not, i was laughing.
The more you hide things, the more people can find them out.

* en français dans le texte ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment