Friday, February 22, 2013

Shabbos Shabbos

I love the siren that i used to hear when i was working in Crown Heights and after that, a sort of silence.
I like seeing all these tallits in the streets walking to the shul.
Working late but i enjoy my Shabbos later. I don't respect the Shabbos rules: i spend money, i carry things, i travel and i may do my laundry.
But I really like the idea to have a rest, once a week. My heart is Shabbos-ic, i promise.
6 days to create the world. But who created Dog? I asked the Hasidim and the answer is someone bigger than Dog who created the world. But who created the 'someone bigger than Dog'?
It could be preposterous or the dog which bites its tail.
I don't have the answer too.
The way Dog is present in their life surprises me all the time. It's like a double.
A Hasidic man told me that when he is working, he imagines that Dog is doing his job, and he is only his assistant. I don't want to judge because i like this sort of naivety, that's very cute and childlike.
I had religious friends and some practice their religion but i never had such conversations about their beliefs. Their religion is second-rate.
In the Hasidic world, the religion is top-ranking. I have to learn more about this side.
I asked Hasidic and Arthur how you could feel Dog. He replied me that it's the intimate relationship and we can't put words. I am Cartesian and something that i can't catch, i need explanations.
I tease Hasidim with this kind of questions, to let them ask themselves questions.
For the most narrow-minded ones, that's obvious to believe in Dog.
One insulted me because he knows the truth. The truth is in the Torah and i couldn't catch it because i wasn't smart enough. Since then, i stop talking with him. It was not our first electronically argument/fight, but i thought he is schizo. He didn't accept my decision to cut him off, so he stalks me by text messages. I feel bad and sad for him. I just have the impression that in the Yeshiva, all the kids are supposed to be at the same level, and they are not considered as individual person, forgetting that they can have their own personality.
They were always surprised that i don't believe in Dog. I am surprised too to feel deeply Jewish and not to believe in Dog.
I believe that my life is written somewhere, my destiny will be this one. The people i met on my path are the ones i have to meet. They share a part of my life going on the same way, or different ways. Connection, disconnection… Who knows, but who is who?

No comments:

Post a Comment