Sunday, February 24, 2013

Purim in Willy

Such a day! Usually i take the B44 to go to Willy to see my Hasidim babies. But today, i decided to take the B48, q road that i know very well.
Before my stop, i started to see a girl with a suit, a colored one but i can't tell you if it illustrated a character or not.
First step out of the bus, and i heard yet the music that i love so much coming from a car. There are old Yiddish Hungarian songs. My favorite is 'Chasdie Hasehm Loy Sumni'.
I had goose bumps. I was walking in the way to the music, thinking of seeing Hasidim dancing in the streets. Just a few people were there with colored hats and their peyos floating in the wind.
I was weeping with mirth during all my walk. I pinched my lips not to laugh loud, just smiling: no smiles in return! :-(
Ramdomly the parents wear suits. Kids have suits from… the outside world: cops, Minnie Mouse, Saddam Hussein (the best suit for me, a teenager or a adult wearing the mask of Saddam Husseing holding his arms his little bro in a cage), the girls from The Little House in the Prairie…
The day where you can pretend to be a shiksa or a shegetz.
I was walking anonymously with a hood and a pair of sunglasses. They always know that i am a shiksa. We looked at each other's eyes, oh la la. They can't see i looked at them. A few turned their heads not to look at the shiksa. Amongst a group of teenagers, one dared to touch my butts, he will be a trouble-maker. He didn't apologize.
I was along a building hearing men singing, so i had a look and saw men dancing and singing. I wanted to be there with them.
I was starving and to see all these see-through plastic bags with the same sponge cake drove me crazy.
I wished my favorite bakery on Lee Avenue would be opened. Light was on but it was closed and all these hamantaschen which taunt me.
I wanted to follow all these families in their house or house of friends.
Last friday, i watched the episode of Blue Bloods which takes place in the Hasidic community. I need to learn the basis of Yiddish and i know where i can find a Hasidic suit, beard and mustache and follow the men everywhere.
Some photos to end.
Usually, the only colors you can watch are the toys of the children in the front of the building.






























No comments:

Post a Comment