Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Jewish dream

The other night, i had a Jewish dream. I have to hide identity of some of the protagonists of my dream, except that the dream took place in the apartment of my Jewish client who gave me gifts for Hannukah. The only persons i could see the faces were the men. Two women were living in the two bathrooms with all their mess.

I had a conversation with the client's girlfriend one day. I know he is a collector but he is also a hoarder. He is not able to throw things because it's too emotional for him. Sometimes, she throws things in his back.
I am a collector but i decided to calm me down. I wanted to buy a box, and put the things which can be useful for me. And each year, i can open it and check if i use these things or not.
I live here with few things, but it's already too much for my tiny room.
His girlfriend is ashamed of inviting people in their place.

In my dream, the dining-room was tidied up. It was a huge room with a high ceiling and no windows. The walls were painted in dark purple. The ambiance was cold and very dark.
Two people that i already met, two ex Hasidic men were with me. I asked them where the host was because he disappeared like Hasidim do it all the time. Someone said he was upstairs, having a nap. The apartment was like a house. There was a white shelf full of books and mess besides a door.
I had to leave.

When i opened my eyes, i wondered if i dreamed in English or not. Dreaming in a foreign language means that you are fluent in this language. Maybe it was Yiddish!

It's snowing cats and dogs in Brooklyn. The perfect weather to stay in bed and to have hirsute cuddles.
No? You don't like the snow? I enjoy it a lot. It inspires me for writing erotic poetry. :-)
Who wants to go sledding with me on my vintage wooden sled?
Come on peyos boys. I can use your peyos for the directions.

emma-on-a-sled, aix-en-provence, france ©emmarubinstein


No comments:

Post a Comment