Monday, June 3, 2013

Yiddish

I started to learn Yiddish.
My last stroll in Willi made me aware that i could have nice conversation with some of them if i use some Yiddish words.
I bought a book but before receiving it, a Hasidic man came to me to offer me Yiddish classes for free.
I barely know him but the first time we met, i posted something about him:
http://meshiksahasidicroots.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-nice-morning.html
I haven't seen him for a while, and he came back two weeks ago. I told him my desire of speaking Yiddish and here we are.

I started to read the book and i understand better a closed H baby who has a huge sense of humor.
I don't only have shmaykhel on my face, i really laugh.
I am eager to start to write it like a kid during their first year at elementary school.
I love to learn how to write Russian…
Anyway, this book is very funny and the Yiddish jokes are so good.
I didn't understand Sephardic jokes i heard in Paris and i didn't know it was Jewish humor till a Ashkenazy friend of mine told me it was humor.
Humor saved the Yid nation and my friend as i told him many times.
Will it save me?
Is it enough?

In some pieces or books, they don't add notes to translate Yiddish words and it bothers me.
So with some practice, i will have my own knowledge.
What is great with Yiddish is you can use many different foreign languages.
I switch my languages all the times and, with my dyslexia, i will feel comfortable maybe.
I am just worried about the pronunciation but it will be fun once again.
I will melt each time i will have to pronounce the 'ch'.

I will laugh a lot when i will reply in Yiddish to H babies working in stores.
Wtf is this shiksa speaking Yiddish to ask for a bottle of wine, books, games…?

I am eager too to learn the dirty Yiddish. I admit it was one of the first book i bought. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment