Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A nice morning

Woke up at 5am, gazing at the blue sky as i like it in NY.
And oh, oh, a Hasidic baby just came in where i work.
I recognize the various sects according to their payosness, the way they dress…
I had conversations by email and in person with Chabadic people sometimes. It's not my favorite sect because of their easy approachability. I like challenge with human beings: the ones who are ignored by outsiders whom many clichés are given.
It was a delightful conversation with a very open-minded one. He is from Israel but lives in Brooklyn since many years. He is a Yeshiva teacher.
We looked into each other's eyes, and he didn't have his eyes in his pocket, if you understand what i mean. Hé hé !
He encouraged me to my Jewishness research, to believe in what/who i wanted. I have to feel well with who i am.
A Tibetan proverb says that it's not the aim which is important, but the path. I follow my Jewish path, trying to understand why it's deeply inside me. How can we live our Jewishness without being religious, without practicing…?
The Hasidic babies who left the community to live a secular life and that i met, all agreed that they couldn't get married a shiksa. No more drama in the family. A shiksa blood can't give birth to a Jewish blood baby?
Unfortunately, i only met one Hasidic woman, so i don't know if this 'theory' is reversible. She left the community and i am pretty sure, she will never get married a shegetz. But it's too early to say.
I wanted and i would like to meet more Hasidic women. Hasidic babies say that women are happy in their community. Why? Because they focused on their children, the kitchen, the house cleaning…?
And they can forget the husband they don't like? They don't spend time on Internet or Craiglist as their husband do.
These women met at the Pupu shul seemed happy to be together. What about their intimacy? I heard so many things coming from the outsiders that i don't want to detail here.

Further, we talked about the meanness of New Yorkers more present here than in other states. I am shocked to see so much wickedness freely.
I offered my service to teach some art to the Yeshiva girls. He was interested by the idea but he knows that it's a little more complicated to concretize my desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment