Thursday, August 14, 2014

You are sending me signs

I feel You.
I get You 24/24.

You know that i am in a total introspection.
You know that i think of my future.

I see You.
You do care about me.

You know that i sleep on the Torah and other Jewish books.

You are in my dreams. You scan them, you feel my stress.
You want to help me, because You know that i will take new risks.

Today, You sent me a French Jewish couple on my path.
They were already in the place, waiting for me, without being aware of that. :-)
You know that i avoid to talk to the French, but You wanted me to talk to them.
I did, just before leaving the place.
You helped me to fight my shyness to talk to them.
Because You knew that the questions that i wanted to ask them were:
"Are you from Paris?"
"Yes."
"Do you know an Orthodox shul in this area?"
You knew that they used to live where i will stay for a few months.

And You knew that this shul, i will love it. It's an old one, and i can go by foot for Shabbos, Yom Kippur and Sukkot.
You are playing with me, and You know that i like this game. :-)
You need distraction, i am here.
You know that they are Sephardi, and You want me to have another approach of the French Sephardi.
I got You now. :-)

You know that i made a decision two days ago:
3 months in Paris, and one month, maybe more, in Israel.
You know that i want to help people, especially children.
You know that i will do a few weeks of Wwoofing*.
You know that it's not how to learn how to woof woof better, because i am more into cats than dogs. :-)

You are the Master of Ceremony of my iPod with a selection of Yiddish, Hebrew and Arab songs lately.
You know that i want to help the Palestinians children to see that life is worth being lived without hatred.

You know that i will visit my hippies friends from my childhood who lives in Israel, not far away from Qalqilyah in the West Bank.
You know that i remember what my friend told me, 10 years ago: "The Israelis live up the hill, and the Palestinians down the hill." And it just clicked my mind two days ago.
You know that i don't like injustice.

You know that i am not an angel because my wings are full of holes made by firearms.

You want to play?
Let's listen to Arab music:
One of my favorite Arab singer, Natacha Atlas, alone or with her first band, Transglobal Underground: arabic electro.
She is for peace in Israel.
She has a great voice.
I saw her at a concert with Him probably.
She practices belly dancing. :-)

-Natacha Atlas, Leysh Nat'arak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5w55pTfSfY

"Why are we fighting when we are all together?
Listen to your heart and you will know the truth
Listen to your heart for it knows the truth
Between us there is a long history
Why are we fighting when we are all together?

In love there is peace
In peace there is love
Let's make good for we are brothers
How great is the mercy and blessing of God

Let's return to peace
Let's return to love
How merciful God is
Let's make good for we are brothers
God bless and have mercy."

-Natacha Atlas, Bahlam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkl93WRJoD0

-Transglobal Underground & Natacha Atlas, Sky Giant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgdjfgtJw4

- Bled Runner, Sidi Mansour Remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir67wbJ1ng

- Lardi Dida, Gasba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOzvRVtMaPE

Store window, Crown Heights, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein

*Google Wwoof :-) It's a request from Hashem, i forward you the message.
I am just a pigeon. Coo coo coo! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment