Sunday, June 29, 2014

An angel at my table

I am not going to talk about the movie by Jane Campion, despite my passion for redheads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfMh-fRSH5E

Lately things happen to me like signs of destiny. Someone is reading my thoughts, someone is taking revenge for me against people who were not nice with me…
Last Friday, end of afternoon, i had to go to see a concert of the daughter of one of my ex clients.
The ex client, D. is unreliable, a typically new yorker state of mine, i.e. saying she will come by, disappearing during weeks and months…
Last summer, i introduced her to a vegan friend of mine, living in Paris. She spent two weeks in the French capital, and she met her once. She did the same thing the second evening she had to meet up my friend, pretending she was lost in the Parisian subway!
Then, she went back to NY. She and her daughters were volunteers for a politician, next door to my work place. She never came by to say hello.
I was totally pissed off by her rudeness! I let her go finally not to waste time of thinking of that!
My big problem is that i can't pretend, i can't be hypocrite! That's not me!
I have to digest, and play a part: to be a New Yorker: to do not care about anything and anyone!
I prefer to avoid people because i can't live in this shallowness.

I was in the subway, and if you are not New Yorker, you have to know that: you always know at what time you leave your place, but you will never know at what time you will arrive.
MTA sucks a lot!
And people remain passive! I do complain and sigh a lot!
In Paris: strike! And RATP (French MTA) refunds your money!
I spent the end of afternoon in this horrible subway, and decided to give up because i was terribly late and i had missed the concert after 2 hours in this underground.
Later, D. told me that a young man that i knew, V., was at the concert.
He is one of the last persons that i wanted to see. So rude too! He said to D. that he was looking forward to seeing me! Kidding? Short memory apparently!

I went back home, and i was happy to hear the Shabbos siren. It relaxed me!
I had already bought my challah and covered it with love.

This morning, i received a Facebook request from a Hasidic woman that i didn't know! I checked her profile, and sent her a message. We don't have friends in common, and i don't accept everyone on FB. That's personal, and i don't need 2,000 friends in my life. Everyone does what he wants but i don't share my personal infos with the world.
I re-checked her profile and see what she is doing. I can't tell her name because she is famous in the community, working in the Hasidic creative field. And i had already met someone who she is working with at my work place last year. Coincidence? :-)
She sent me a request following a post that i liked on one of her friends' wall.
It was last February, and i don't remember the post and the name she gave me.
I don't know if Paris clicked her mind too, because she speaks French.
She invited me to come over for Shabbos. Yippee!
I told her a few things about my personal story, she wants to know more about me, and in French.
I am very excited to be at her table for my first Shabbos meal in a Lubaba family next Friday.
Not as an angel, but she is an angel sent by someone living above my head.

And Albert Einstein talked to me this morning:
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
I starts to be more comfortable when i associate G-d to my life now.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reasons for existing."

Albert, if you are alive somewhere, except NY, and single, would you like to marry me?
Ostrowiec, Poland. Turn of the Century. A 'modernized' Jewish kapelye
("band of musician") This band was at that time famous all over Poland
©All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment