Monday, June 23, 2014

Oye Oye

The Moshiach is close to us, He is on His way…
A man said that after the projection of the movie about The Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson, and it was not a joke. :-)
Who was this man? Someone can tell me who was this man please? Thanks!
Is he the new Lubavitch Rebbe?
http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=30792&alias=sunday-what-you-need-to-know

I think that it's time to start to pack, He should come next Shabbos.
He added that we have to think of Him all the time.
He said something that i liked a lot: why do you keep on doing something that we don't like anymore? Life is short indeed!
Why the Moshiach will be a Him? If He was a She? All my heart is with the Moshiach, so much work to do… I can help but i don't want his/her job!
His speech was more anchored in real life than in religious life.
He was firm and clear that Moshiach is a deep part of the current life, for religious Jews or not and he sent a call to secular people to rejoin them.

5,000 people were expected, and i was one of them. I arrived early, forgetting that Jews are always late. :-)
I have the choice to sit where i wanted. I decided to be close to the men section to feel a mixed ambiance. I moved finally because i am short-sighted, and the screen was too far from my view.
I was not really immodest, wearing sandals with heels, no tights, a black dress, and a 3/4 sleeves green tee-shirt without a deep cleavage. :-)
Women didn't really pay attention to me, they were there for the Rebbe. :-)
Finally, it was chilly! Fresh air is good for… :-)

I enjoy the music that you can listen to the introduction of the movie i made.
Someone can tell me who sings (a child?) please? Thanks again.


It starts with the 12 Pesukim said by more or less bashful children, and everyone repeating what they said. I did too. :-)

Then, the movie, with songs in the shul and speeches by The Rebbe. There are probably many speeches by this holy man, but they chose some where he was coughing and felt sick whose one of them gave a long time of silence. My attention was not disturbed by the children playing, falling, crying.
I was totally captivated by this documentary.
I added to my list the reading of the biography of Rabbi Moses ben Maimon. Born in Spain, and with the appellation 'ben', he is a Sephardi. Born in Cordoba which is one of my favorite cities in Spain.
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/75991/jewish/Maimonides-His-Life-and-Works.htm
The Rebbe made many references to Maimonides.

I enjoy going to bed every night with something new that i learnt during the day!
Feed me with your knowledge, my dreams will be Jewish-er! :-)

I bought the biography of The Rebbe by Chaim Miller. I received it last Saturday, and it sounds very interesting and, well-documented. That will be for my Parisian environment where i will need to create a Hasidic mood after losing the one where i live here. :-(

Then, the speech of the man who announced the imminent arrival of Moshiach.

After all these speeches, songs, emotions, prayers, i needed to take a bath of men. :-)
I was giddy and scatterbrained, strolling amongst them. I dived in their section, avoiding their looks. And in front of 770, men were praying. I stopped, watching at them, and filming them a very short time. I felt so well amongst the black and white devotion. I could not move. I felt their looks at me. I felt like a giant, dominating them. I was their big sister watching them. :-)
Everything was quiet, it was chilly, and they warmed me up figuratively. :-)
I walked around for a while, breathing their holy words!
Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights, June 22, 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights, June 22, 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Same generation, 2 different prayer books: paper or cellphone.
Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights, June 22, 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Men section, Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights, June 22, 2014, ©emmarubinstein
The end, Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights, June 22, 2014, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment