Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Photos, Illustration, poetry, and a song for a romantic poetic movie

I am in a good mood but i don't want to write today. :-)
sound and images will be my writings.

Photos:
Country - Poland ( I did'nt find where)
Photographer - Menachem Kipnis (1878-1942)
Date- Pre-war  In Archives in the "Emanuel Ringelblum
Jewish Historical Institute"-Warsaw 
At Krynica, Polish spa. 1935. Photographer Unknow

Portrait study of the old 'shames' (caretaker of the synagogue) leaning
on a wooden 'shtender' (prayer stand)-  Vileyka ,
now Belarus, Poland during interwar-May 1931.  
Photographer-Alter Kacyzne,
The l7th-century synagogue in Przeworsk,
completely destroyed during the War.
Photograph from 1934.
© Batz Retner/Reuters, 2014 in Jerusalem
Poetry & illustration:
The poem written a long time ago, and the illustration
http://jewrotica.org/2014/06/the-carnal-ballad-of-the-peyos/
©emmarubinstein for Jewrotica, June 2014
The song of the last week:
The first time i heard this song, the instrumental version, it was for the French trailer of the movie by Jane Campion, Bright Star, in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ULAadZHZM
And the link of the song during a concert of the music band, Cinematic Orchestra, To Build A Home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjc59FgUpg
I feel this song is for my current mood, because i am building my home, my Jewish home, brick by brick.
I had revelations lately, and i think a little more where i want to lead my mind and my faith, but it will be for another post… I think of Judaism all the time.
I am tired of being rejected because i am not Jewish, or not Jewish enough, or whoever.
I am not a shiksa anymore for sure… :-)
I AM JEWISH, that's my purpose and my meaning…

No comments:

Post a Comment