Monday, July 29, 2013

Who is the boss?

One year ago i posted a serious ad:
'I know, this seems weird but it is a serious post.

I am looking for a room to rent in a Hasidic family in South Williamsburg, Crown Heights or Boro Park from July 1rst.
I could be the Shabbos girl for you and your pets.
I am serious, quiet, easy going and respectful. . .
Only serious people can answer me. . .
I was not joking as i noticed it. I had to move far away from my bipolar, mean, and hysterical roommate place i used to leave since one and half year.
And the best way to know H babies is to live with them.
The replies were very funny and i will post them in another post one day.

There was one man, N., who seemed interested by renting me a room near his office. He did it before.
If I was a student with no income, he could rent me for free.
He didn't have a room in his place, he has a big family which would be not open-minded to receive the Frenchichi. :-)
He was intrigued by 'why Hasidic?'.
That room was not close to his house, he couldn't be into trouble with his wife. He replied: 'I am the boss... nothing HAPPENS itself....'.
I have to introduce myself about my Jewishness. :-)
One of his comments made me laugh: 'u r saying Shabbos, like a real Jew, like Shabbat or sabath etc...


do u have a photo?'.

And once again, the same process with the photo. :-)

I offered him to meet at his office like a business appointment.
N.: 'Sounds ok with me, are you seriously looking for a room?
i am just thinking if you would be ok  to help my wife without living there, like cleaning etc. not for you?
can i at least call you to see if you are real?'.
Suddenly the wife was in the picture. That sounded weird because how will he explain to his wife how he knew me? Same story.
I gave him my phone number and asked him to call me the day after.
I didn't remember the details of the conversation but he talked to me about the basement in his house which could be a nice place for me and i could learn about Hasidic way of life.
And we decide to meet at this office soon.

Apparently, he talked to his wife about renting the basement. 
She said to him: 'basement is out, my wife is not interested, she is telling me, if you will renovate our basement, why not make it a playroom for the kids?.. '

But who is the boss? :-)

Do you guess the next episode? Or how to schedule an appointment with this kind of sentence 'I hope tomorrow morning…'?
He kept on asking questions and i asked him if he has peyos and tzitzit. His replies were weird when i said that some Hasidic men don't have all the package: 'if u dont have them, u r not hasidic'.
I remembered him Chabad. Some have tzitzit and peyos, some not…

We already know how this story will end but it will start by the first excuses. And Chabad was a good one for him.
N.:'then they are not hasidic. and i am starting to be afraid here... u know too much'.
Me: 'Why afraid? It's obvious that I know things about your community if I am fascinated, isn't it?'
N.: 'yes it is. i want to be friend with you either way, i like the idea of an outsider being an insider... '
Here we go!
He wanted to know how i look like, if i look like Jewish…

And two hours later, an expected development :
'BAD news! my wife stopped by - just left - and i told her that i finally got someone you might take the room, "oh yah? who?" i said some lady, non Jewish, half Jewish, my wife said, "well, i dont think you should do it" no, i will try to get someone Jewish in here.!!!
I stopped the conversation and he pretended he was 'pissed'.
He asked for a friendship online that i could not provide. 

So Mr N., who was the boss? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment