Thursday, July 24, 2014

Movies: "Inch'Allah" and "Bethlehem"

I stopped watching news, 
I stopped reading articles,
I stopped reading posts by friends, relatives, etc
about
what's going on in Israel and Gaza.

Everyone is telling his/her own story that it's not the entire truth. 
The medias, and people are creating something that i will call 'a new naivety': you have to believe someone who posts a video, someone who lives there, someone who is a journalist who has a good reputation…

I hate sensationalism. 


I keep in mind what i learned lately:
-"Only one person was originally created for the sake of peace among human beings, so that no man should be able to say to his fellow man, 'My father is greater than your father.'" _ The Talmud
- "Kill a person and you cut off a future world. Save one person and you are responsible for saving an entire world. … We all come from common parentage." _Rabbi Benjamin Blech

I prefer to watch movies for my mental health.
- Inch'Allah by Anais Barbeau-Lavalette
The trailer summarizes perfectly what the movie is talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53XLPquQD6Q
I watched it before the war, and i loved it. 
I am not going to talk about the conflict but the responsibility of the doctors they have in war conflicts. What are they supposed to do when an injured terrorist comes to the hospital?
What is the duty of a doctor: to save him or to let him die for all the crimes he has committed? 

In France, the question is not asked, because everyone has to be rescued. 
Life is more important that the past of this person.
That's a human crime to leave someone die on the sidewalk. You can go to jail. It's called non assistance to a person in danger. There is a duty to rescue. 
The question is asked in this movie but the answer is surrounded with so much hatred and anger from both sides. 
In 2004, i was in Israel when Arafat just left to France to go to the hospital. 
That too was the ramadan, and the election for the second time of George W. Bush. I felt the tensions, i heard some shots, but the Israelis live with that since many years. It became a daily grind. My Israeli friends who live there are fine, therefore you follow the flow of their lives, when you visit them. 
I watched videos of Israeli soldiers who were dancing and partying. That's the Jewish mind that i love so much: a sort of strength. 
I asked some friends why the existence of the Jews (16 millions in the whole world) bother so many people. One answer caught my attention: "The answer is solidarity, love, family, work… and we love life whatever happens, we want to stay alive, and we will stay alive! Life is our motor. Very simple thing: we believe in tomorrow."
I understood one thing through my experiences of life: people can't stand to see the others happy. People gloat to see people miserable.

- Bethlehem by Yuval Adler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeloTZdv0K8
The filmmaker worked three years on the script for this movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethlehem_(film)
I don't forget that it's a movie, so a fiction. 
The relationship between Razi and the young Sanfur is interesting by asking another question: between affection, attachment and interest, where are the boundaries in this sort of friendship? 
How a relation of trust can be built between 2 so-called enemies?

A French shalom song to end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM2nqwhc1Lg
Night stroll in Crown Heights, July 2014 ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment