Friday, July 11, 2014

I got my song for Shabbos!

Back in Boro(ough) Park yesterday to meet the salesman of the music store.
He is so funny. My phone was on, and i could tell him the title that sounds like that: "Chasdie Hashem Kee Loy Sumni".
And once again, he sang it, and i bursted out laughing.
Behind the shelves, there was a peyos man, who laughed too and came to us. He is a Satmar.
I showed them the video, because i wanted this version of the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlfyAMHx4Xw
The Satmar man was funny too, and not scared of talking to a woman. He said that there is a man who sings and all my babies sing with him. I asked him to record a live for me this year.
He said: "You should come with us this year."
I replied: "Yes, for sure, but how can i hide what Mother Nature gave to women?"
He also wanted to know how i feel this song and what it inspires me.
I have a hard problem to talk about what music is doing to me. That's something very strong and deep. It's tied to many souvenirs, people, feelings… That's not nostalgia or melancholia, feelings that i dislike a lot, tied to remorses and regrets. I can have images back in my mind when i listen to songs.
I asked them to let me know what this song was about. G-d indeed, but what else? I had my answer.
DVD and CDs selection, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein

I am impressed by this carpet of black men, singing and dancing when the rabbi comes in. Yes, i am jealous not to be amongst them. :-)

Then, i asked questions to the salesman about his sect. He is a Gurer/Gerer, from the Polish sect Gur/Ger. I googled this sect. He doesn't dress like them. He recommended me other CDs and a DVD with Hasidic things that i like.
Lonesome cigarette, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Ladies, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
DVD and CDs selection, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
The real lingerie is inside, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
This man ignored me. I wanted to talk to him. He has many stories to tell,
 July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
 July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Shoe maker, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein 
Hop in, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Hop out, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
July 2014, ©emmarubinstein
Hasidic nap in the subway, July 2014, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment