Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hanukkah miracles: falafel or bagel

You have understood that i am a real solivagant in this world.
There are women and there are men.
We are supposed to be with someone unique but you know how hard it is to find the best match ever.
We are supposed to be one

I learned from the rabbi who is teaching me Hebrew that it's written in a Hebrew word.

The word אהבה which means love is associated to a number.
א = 1
ה = 5
ב = 2
ה = 5
The total is 13 for a man and the same for a woman.
You add them together, you have 26.
26 is the letter Alef, א when you count graphically.
There are two Yod and one Vav.
And it's also the number 1. Love is one! 

Ah the miracle of love!

I enjoyed all these evenings organized by the Beth Lubavitch.
I didn't expect any miracles.

But i met an un-miracle.
I met a stalker. 
That was at the Eiffel Tower, and why me? :-)
He is a Sephardi Jew, not Hasidic.
He likes the Lubavitch community to enjoy free parties and meals.
That's one of the point that i don't want to hear.
The second point is that he lied.
He said that he was in sort of getting divorced, still having his wedding ring.
He was very persistent to have a coffee right now: no way.
Let me enjoy the Lubavitch party at the Eiffel Tower!
He didn't want to give me his phone number first, keeping the chance to call me first.
He asked me if i was Sephardic or Ashkenazic, blah blah blah…: Ashkenazic.

He offered me to go and eat a falafel after Shabbos.
We agree that after Shabbos means Saturday evening.
I have been clear with him that it will be better to meet later after Shabbos.
Do you offer to eat a falafel to a Ashkenazic? Man, i am a bagel woman!

He had to go, that was perfect and i wanted to enjoy that moment, without him.
He was not a tube of glue but a tube of super-glue.

Is it a mistake to give your real phone number? No.
The day after, once i powered on my phone, i already had 2 messages.
That was the falafel lunch! He is not Asian, thus he has notion of time.

Ten attempts to contact me during 3 hours. I muted my phone.
I never picked up his calls and replied to his texts.
He is worse than the Hasidic stalkers that i met.

I was disturbed because i didn't want to meet him yesterday for the last lighting of Hanukkah on the Opera place. I had to disguise myself to look anonymous. 
The luck that i had, was that it started at the same time that he finished to work.

I wanted to enjoy the last lighting as a solivagant.
I didn't bump into him.
I would like to go to a Lubavitch Shabbos meal on the Champs-Elysées, but now that he told me that he is going, i can't. That's frustrating. I can't actually go there, disguised myself, they will think that i am totally meshuga. :-) Or i can wait for Purim!

Yesterday, that was meshuga, and a few women danced in circle. Mazeltov girls, you rocked!

So enjoy the last one, and watch out with the psychopaths. :-)

I missed the candles. 
Someone can tell me if it is a sin to light them on sometimes please.
I like the last blessing which says that those candles can't be used for something else, only to look at them. They brought me shalom during one hour and half. 
That's how we took the Opéra, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein
Lights on, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein

Happy hirsute Hanukkah, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein 
The candles giver, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein


Place de l'Opéra, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein
Windy beard, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein

Telling secrets, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein
The daveners facing the Opéra, December 2014/5775, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment