Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I shook them

In the place i work i have large windows so i can see what happens in the street and it's very delightful to see my H baby walking their lulav and etrog.
Last Sunday, a client was there too. He is German but his father is Iranian. He is totally blonde. He is a journalist for the UN.
Two H babies came in and asked me if he was Jewish. :-)
He is Persian, not muslim, but i have to check if you can be Persian by your father or mother… or whatever.
I told them he was not Jewish but I WAS half-Jewish.
I liked their amazement mixed with their interrogation: "Should we stay or should we go?".
They decided to give me a bless (?).
I told them clearly i was not religious, feeling Jewish deeply.

They made me speak Hebrew or Yiddish. I repeated like a good student and recognized the name of Dog as Adonai and Elohim. I focused on their words because they seemed so happy to do it. I like pleasing people, and they were so young.
The German man wasn't aware of what was happening in his back, stuck to Skype. I like when you are in a space and everyone is living his/her own story.

At the end, they asked me to shake the lulav and etrog, that was crazy for me.
It was like i was in a foreign country and don't speak the language so i use sign language, and it works.
I was out of space and that was nice to talk to Dog without talking.
They talked about a mitzvah and i totally agree to have mitzvah every day, every hour…
Later i made a wish because it was the first time it happened to me.
I shook them a little too much like maracas.

I kept one leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment