Friday, November 28, 2014

It's Friday and it's Leonard Freed's photos

That's a long time that i didn't post photos by him.
I am organizing my spiritual journey in the Holy Land, looking for non touristic things to do.
I will spend a few days with my best friend of my last year in high school.
We haven't seen each other since our 19 years old. I can't wait to see her.
She is Sephardic, and we laughed a lot during classes.
We were always at the back of the classroom.
The teacher of maths liked me a lot, wishing that i will be an engineer. He disliked my friend a lot.
I used to chew gums a lot. Once, he asked me to resolve a maths problem on the blackboard.
He wanted me to toss my chewing-gum, i refused. He insisted a lot, i refused.
So the deal was : either i toss it, either i get out of the class.
What did i choose? :-)
I got out of the class.
My friend told me that he was stunned, and sat a few seconds on his chair. :-)
I had no shame. :-)
I forgot his name, but he was a very good teacher.
I offered to my friend to resolve a math problem, only to laugh.
She lives in Haifa.
Before, i will spend a few days in the kibbutz, and i will work a little.
I never did it, it should be great!
And i will meet up my first Jewish boyfriend that i haven't seen since we were 5 years old. :-)
First, i will spend a week in Yerushalayim. I will wonder in the streets like a bohemian, and probably be in dangerous areas not deliberately. And Mea Sharim! :-)
GEORGIA 1973 . Russian immigrant Jews from Georgia.
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos From the book - Another life
Israel 1973 , A 'machine shop' instruction class for students from Russia, Jerusalem.
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
ISRAEL , Haifa 1967 . © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos 
ISRAEL , Jerusalem, 1960's .Hassidic boy is carrying bread home,
in the streets of the old quarter of Mea Shearim.
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos 
ISRAEL Nergev Desert 1967, a bedouin boy with his sister,
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
ISRAEL. A druze home in the Galilee.1967. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
I would like to meet some Druzes. My mom, in 1967, couldn't access to them. Things have probably change. Their story is very interesting.
They live in different countries and they are very well integrated.

ISRAEL. Jerusalem. 1967. Arab children sell fish tins at the Damascus Gate.
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
ISRAEL. Jerusalem. 1967. Before the Six Day War, Jews live in an ancient building
in front of the Old Wall of Jerusalem. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos.jpg
ISRAEL. Jerusalem. 1967. Before the Six Day War, Jews live on a street in front of
the Old Wall of Jerusalem. On the other side of the wall is
No Man's Land and Old Jerusalem. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
ISRAEL. Jerusalem. 1967. Crossing the former No Man's Land between
Israel and Jordan after the Six Day War. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos 
ISRAEL. Sefat. 1967. Hasidic Jews. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
From the book - Another life
ISRAEL. The Purim Festival. 1967. © Leonard Freed/Magnum Photos
USA. New York. 1954. Brooklyn, in a synagogue .
© Leonard Freed/Magnum Photo
Have a good Shabbos!

No comments:

Post a Comment