Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My mother lineage

My mom gave me a paper from her half sister that she kept.
That's an agreement for my half aunt to be buried in the grave with the members of our family.

And there were names and dates.

The good news is that i know who were my great grand-parents.
And one of them has the Sephardic name.
Which one? Ah ah!
My great grand-father.
No Jewish blood coming from the ladies.

That means: i have to go for a conversion. :-)

My percentage of Jewish blood might be over 50%, but i am far away of the 90% i was expected.

I checked the archives to find the parents of my great grand-father.
I found out nothing so far.
He died in 1952.
I am very intrigued about what he did during the WWII.

The other good news is that my half aunt knows names from this part of the family.
She used to go to Lozère (a French area in the south of France) when she was a child.
There is a family house there too.
My mom and her brother have never been introduced to the rest of the family.
My half aunt knows the reasons probably. She was the favorite of my grand-mother.

Thus now, a new battle will be in the field: my father.
Probably his both ears are whistling. In French, when it's the right ear, it means that someone is talking about you in a bad way. The left one is in the good way.

But before, i have to go to the Jewish Agency to have all the information.

Despite the noise during the first Yom Tov of 5775, they keep on studying and davening,
770, Crown Heights, September 2014, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment