Thursday, May 7, 2015

Chez Jonathan

That could be a place to be but that was the Sunday place to be after 3 hours of Oulpan with our delightful rabbi.
He is so patient with us. Sometimes, i am ashamed that we are bad Talmudim*.
The other Sunday, my brain was in a cloud. I enjoy reading a lot, and also reading the book All Who Go Do Not Return in the subway. The subway car rocks me and to read makes me in a sleeping state when i receive fresh air getting out of the subway station.
View from Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

I am not still able to read Hebrew without vowels, but that state of brain helped me last Sunday.

One Sunday, 4 of us decided to have a lunch in a Kosher restaurant in Paris, near by our shul.
Chez Jonathan, that's the name of the place. I have never been in that one, but some around.
There are less and less Kosher places in Paris sadly. Great place in a touristic street but the locals come here.
The name is the one of the son of the owner. He was there with his wife.
I had so much fun with the father that i called Papa. His father told me lately that his son is lazy. :-)
They are Sephardi, and the ladies who were lunching with me too are. They were more introverted than me. They probably thought that i was meshuga to be so familiar with Papa.

The place seems to be an old fish store. That's a classified one.
Ceramics, Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

Ceramics and pushka, Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

Then the visit of a Lubavitch with his tefillin, who helped a man who just came back running in the streets.
Sweat pants and tefillin, Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

And French romanticism with an Orthodox couple very cute.
Papa yelled kindly at him when he came to pay: "Let your wife drink her coffee, you have time to pay."
The romantic couple, Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

Papa guessed that i was not very serious with my studies. I have a real lack of time lately. I am doing too many things in the same time. My head will explode soon.
Server and barista, Chez Jonathan, Paris 9, 2015, ©emmarubinstein

*students

No comments:

Post a Comment