Thursday, March 12, 2015

I am disturbed

By one of my rabbi teachers said one week ago.
I followed this new class since January. It's about Messianism, and Hasidism.
I was not convinced by the first classes. That rabbi is actually very focused on his papers. It's that kind of person who has to finish his reasoning and can't be disturbed by other questions.
On the sidewalk of the Hyper Casher store, there are still candles, flowers, posters, notes…
Vincennes, March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
Hyper Casher under construction in the background,
on the left "The hatred of Jews, that's enough!",
on the right, the names of the three Muslim soldiers killed by Mohammed Merah
who killed after that a rabbi and Jewish children March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
Sephardi Hamantaschen, March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
Last week, he repeated us something that two French politicians told him. One from the left wing and one from the right wing: "One day, the state of Israel won't exist anymore."
Just before, we were talking about the Messiah, how people see Jews in the world, all the amalgams with the Jews.
One woman from my class talked about what the French man said during the Shabbos meal with the Breslev family that i had when i was in Tsfat: she heard that the Messiah will come soon.

He said something which is open to debate with the European deputies: do we have to spank children or not?
As a child, i prefered a spank than a slap in my face. I felt much more humiliated by a slap than a spank. :-)
The other thing is the circumcision and the right on our own body. There is an association which talked about that, and which is against that, saying that men are losing an erogenous zone amongst other things.
I had a non Jewish friend who had a circumcision in his 30s. He is gay and very sexual. He was not happy to have surgery, but he found out so much more enjoyment with his new penis that he loved to be circumcised. :-)
Giant homemade hamantaschen with a crèpe and Speculoos paste,
March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
Yesterday, i had to say to another student what the rabbi said about the future disappearance of the holy land on a map. I felt relieved. I already said that to my mom, and she was not surprised.
That made me think of my schedule to go back there. Something will happen.
I couldn't imagine to see 8 millions of people who will die suddenly.
There are many conferences and discussions in France about how to get out of the deadlock with the Middle-East: to understand the culture first before taking some decisions, drastic decisions probably.

I already talked about the book by Jonathan Littell The Kindly Ones and the emptiness of Europa that you can feel after a genocide.
I felt the same when the rabbi pronounced this sentence.
That woman who told the same with the coming of the Messiah reminded me the naivety of the Jews during the WWII. They don't want to see evil in the others. It's a strength but we should be prepared. To be positive doesn't have to make us forget that they want us dead.
A spark can lead to an explosion.
I am scared, i don't want to be the witness of such a drama…
Purim in the Marais, we are on war against terrorism, March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
On their way to a Purim party, all the stores were closed, March 2015, ©emmarubinstein
One Kosher restaurant open to celebrate Purim, March 2015, ©emmarubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment